We do take polite dogs and well behaved owners by arrangement.
If you do wish for your dog to join you on your stay with us, we ask that if possible, you bring all of their own bedding and blankets to help them feel at home. We can supply dog towels for those wet days.
We do realize that not everyone is keen about dogs. So we have a few house rules that we'd like dogs to follow.
- No dogs under 12 months old!
- Please put your dog on a lead when entering Larry's Lodge.
- Dogs are not to be left alone in the bedrooms at ANY time.
- Please discourage your dog from jumping on the beds OR furniture as we may have to charge extra for cleaning.
- Because we have food on display we can only allow Guide Dogs OR Assistance dogs in the dining area unless there are no other guests at that time. However dogs left in a dog crate in the bedroom over breakfast time is welcomed. Another option would be to leave your dog in the car over breakfast time (this is what we do when we stay in another B&B). Or we could do a split-breakfast-shift for you.
- Because of dog food smells ONLY dried dog food to be fed while in the bedroom. IF you use tin dog food, please feed your dog outside.
- Dogs will be dogs and doggy accidents can happen. Please inform us of any accidents immediately.
- Please make sure your dog is dry before going to your room.
- Arrangements can be made for day boarders at the kennels with our local vet.
- We can also help with dog food if you require, please ask for details.
- As a precaution, we insist that all dogs are treated for tick and fleas at least 1 week before you leave home, e.g. Frontline, just as any reputable dog kennel would require.
- Your dog will appreciate a walk last thing at night before you go to bed and first thing in the morning before you have your breakfast. There is a nice park and wood close by if a stroll around the houses is not enough. Poop bags can be supplied if required.
- The dog owner will be liable and subsequent charges will be levied on departure should any damage be sustained to Larry’s Lodge property or should there be the requirement for industrial level cleaning to the guest house bedrooms.